Thursday, November 28, 2013

This is a Pulic Service Announcement

July, 2013
Rock Springs, WY

I hope you enjoyed the photos of Wyoming's wild horses.  I sure enjoyed taking them.  The day after, we did the second part of the mustang tour--the horse adoption shelter.  The horses in WY are very well managed.  Their program is so successful, that herds can outgrow available resources.  They could begin starving to death.  Every now and then, some horses will be 'gathered' and brought to a shelter.  The ones left in the wild now have a better chance to remain strong and healthy.  Citizens are encouraged to adopt these horses.  They have young and old, males and females, and any color you could want.  All that's required is a promise to care for them and $125.  If I had the land, I would take as many old ones as possible.  They are the most difficult to adopt out because they are too wild to ever be "pets", or regular tame horses.  I wish I could give them their own range to live out their days.  Alas, Gordon would not let me hitch a horse trailer to the back of our rig.


 

 


Someone's causing a stir.

He looks brand new.  Probably born there.

Doesn't look like she'd be his mother...

Lazy babies.
 
Look closely.  There is a foal on this side of the paint pony.

Some of the "older" ones.


You can even give a new mother and her baby a home.
 
Someday, I hope, someday.

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment